Covenants, Conditions, & Restrictions
As membership in the SSRC is voluntary, we don’t have any CC&Rs about the homes in the neighborhood (but there are city officials that may cite you if your grass is too long). You may wish to read the official Smoketree Swim & Recreation Club bylaws.
Swim & Recreation Club
We do have rules about the use of the Swim & Recreation Club (formerly known as the Swim and Racquet Club) facilities. The following rules have been adopted by the Board and it is the responsibility of all members, their children, and their guests to adhere to and encourage compliance with these rules. Children’s conduct is the inherent responsibility of their parents or legal guardian(s). By joining as members, you agree to abide by these rules when using the facilities. Memberships are what pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the amenities, facilities, and property so it is a reasonable expectation that only members are on the property. Do not be offended if someone questions your presence if you are not wearing your wristband.
If you violate the rules, you will receive a written warning for the first offense. Future offenses will result in termination of your membership with no refunds.
Once the surrounding area people who are not members realize we do not tolerate trespassers, they may decide to go elsewhere to conduct their “activities” or decide to join. We welcome any surrounding area neighbors to join!
The gates have all been outfitted with combination locks. To use them, rotate the dials to show the code and then squeeze the lock. When you release, it will pop open.
You should not need to pull the lock to open it; it should pop open after it is squeezed together. You may call the emergency number if you’re having issues: (678) 820-8435
Please do not try to force the lock open.
To close the lock, jumble the dial code and then push the lock closed and make sure it is secure.
- The SSRC property and facilities are for the exclusive use of paid Full and Civic SSRC members and their guests ONLY.
- No one living within 3 miles of Smoketree is allowed to be guests (anyone within this area should become a member if they wish to use the amenities).
- All members (full and civic) are required to display their wristband while on the SSRC property. Guests should have a dated guest pass on their person and be with the host member while on the property.
- Guests living 3 miles or more from Smoketree are allowed to visit for a $2 per person/per day fee. They must have a dated guest pass to be presented upon request and be with the inviting member while on the property. The guest pass must be rendered by depositing in the mailbox at the end of the day or when leaving. Guest passes can be purchased from any board member or by calling the board number.
- Always lock the gate if you are the last person in a locked area upon exiting. If you’re the last to leave on a Wednesday night, please take the trashcan out to the curb.
- Equipment room and pool shed access are limited to authorized personnel.
- The back pool gate needs to stay closed even during parties. No pool gate may be propped open at any time. The back gate will only be unlocked if a lifeguard is present.
- Pool hours are from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM daily. The pool may be closed for maintenance at any time, without prior notice. The entire pool area is closed during maintenance and cleaning activities and between the hours of 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
- From 9:00 PM until 10:00 PM daily is Adult Swim. Children should leave the pool area by 9:00 PM and noise should be kept at a minimum.
- The wading pool is restricted to small children, age four (4) and under. Children MUST be directly supervised by a parent, legal guardian(s), or responsible adult. Only small toys and approved life jackets are permitted in the wading pool.
- Please do not abuse the facilities or tools.
- Be considerate of others when using toys and floats.
- Limit volume on radios, tape and CD players, etc. out of consideration of others, as well as neighbors to the pool.
- Common courtesy and consideration for others is expected. Members are encouraged to help enforce all rules and regulations. Members should feel free to question any person(s) on the property who are not known to the member(s); member should likewise expect to be questioned by any other members who may be present.
- Pets are allowed in the pool area (not in the pool) as long as they are not left unattended and are well behaved.
- If you see anything on the property that makes you uncomfortable, call the board emergency number or 911.
- All members’, children’s, and guests’ use of the facilities is at your own risk.
- There are no lifeguards on duty so all swimming is at your own risk. Know your ability!
- No solo swimming. Always swim with a buddy.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, or responsible caregiver appointed by the parent/guardian.
- Children under 6 need to be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times.
- There must be a minimum of 1 adult for every 3 children under 10.
- People who cannot swim should restrict themselves to areas where they can stand with their heads above water.
- Children who cannot swim should wear a water safety device when in the pool area.
- NO running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, horseplay or boisterous behavior.
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates, and other non-pool type items are NOT to be used in the pool area.
- In the event of thunder and/or lightning or other emergencies, or upon direction from a member, all persons must leave the water immediately.
- If an emergency exists, CALL 911.
- NO chewing gum, glass, or electrical appliances are allowed in the pool area.
- Food and drinks must be kept at least 6 feet from the edge of the pool.
- NO pets in the pool (except at the special end of the year dog swim).
- NO smoking on the SRC grounds.
- NO cutoffs, shorts, jeans, or any other type of street clothing. Only conventional swimming attire is allowed in the pools. Buttons, rips of cloth, string, etc. can come off and can wreak expensive havoc on the drain system.
- Please do not urinate or defecate in the pool (here’s why).
- Dispose of trash, food, etc. in the appropriately provided receptacles.
- Parents/Guardians should encourage children to use toilets prior to entering pools and use discretion in taking non-toilet trained children into pools.
- Infants and children not yet potty-trained should always wear approved swim diapers covered by actual swim clothing to prevent leakage. Bathroom accidents in the pool require costly shutdowns to clean the pool! If there’s any question or chance of leakage, please stay in the baby pool or outside the pool.
- Persons with infections, skin abrasions, colds, cough, inflamed eyes, or wearing bandages may be denied pool use. (Parents please do not let ill children with gastrointestinal conditions swim).
- All applicable governmental ordinances shall govern.
In order to be consistent and on the same page, please use the following terms and conventions in communications and other neighborhood messages:
- Smoketree — this wonderful neighborhood (the area and all residents, members and not)
- Smoketree Swim & Recreation Club (SSRC) — The new preferred name and soon to be legal name.
Smoketree Homeowners’ Association (SHOA) — Smoketree HOA is also acceptable, but please not SHA(this is the old legal name and should no longer be used).
- Board — the board of directors for the SSRC
Swim and Racquet Club (SRC) — the area and land containing the facilities
- Cabana — pavilion/gazebo structure with benches and tables next to the pool
- Front Gate — front gate of the SRC that blocks off the parking area
- Pool House — building that houses the pumps and the restrooms and utilities
- Pool Shed — building behind the cabana for storage
- Pool Gate (Front and Back) — chain link fence doors to the pool area (back is by the cabana)
- Tennis Courts (Left and Right) — when looking at the courts from the playground area perspective
- Back Tennis Gate — the gate at the back between the left and right tennis courts
When referring to the website, note that smoketree.org is no longer being used. Please use https://smoketree.us (without the www) to keep things simple and consistent for search engine optimization.
In case you’re interested, this is the reasoning behind some of these.
The legal entity registered is “Smoketree Homeowners’ Association” (not Homeowner or Homeowner’s or Homeowners) and Homeowners’ Association, despite being only two words, is typically abbreviated in the US as “HOA” so for search engine optimization, it’s useful to refer to it as SHOA instead of SHA. Pool Shed and Cabana were preferred over alternatives as this has been what they have been called for the majority of the time and how they are known by most of the homeowners, despite arguments for other possibly more technically correct terms. The words pavilion and gazebo are included here and various other places on the site to help for search engine optimization.
Official colors/brand/templates/logo/fonts/typefaces/etc are being developed. If you are interested in helping, please contact [email protected].